OMS Achieve Gold Standard
We are delighted to announce that we have achieved the School Games GOLD LEVEL Mark Award for the 2022/23 academic year for our commitment and engagement in the School Games.
The School Games Mark is a Government-led award scheme launched in 2012, facilitated by the Youth Sport Trust to reward schools for their commitment to the development of competition across their school and into the community, and we are delighted to have been recognised for our success.
Our sporting achievements this year include:
- Taking part in many different sporting events in the community with many of our pupils
- All pupils having an increased physical activity offer with access to PE Specialists
- Increased range and opportunity of activities at lunchtimes
- Many whole school sporting opportunities
- Accessing external coaches to work with our pupils
- Pupil able to access appropriate physical education
- Profile and development of the Sports Leadership programmes
We are extremely proud of our pupils for their dedication to all aspects of school sport, including these young volunteers, leaders and officials who made our competitions possible and everyone who competed in local inter-school competitions this year.
As part of our application, we are asked to fulfil criteria in the areas of participation, competition, workforce and clubs, and we are pleased that the hard work of everyone at our school has been rewarded this year.
We look forward to applying once again in 2024!