Teacher for PMLD Class for September 2021
We have an excellent and exciting opportunity for a dynamic and creative SEN teacher to work in this specialist class. We invite applications from outstanding applicants with integrity, imagination and energy for this rewarding role. We are looking to appoint a SEN Teacher who has experience working with pupils with complex needs. You will be required to facilitate the ongoing progress and development of this class in a range of learning and personal development programmes. The post holder will be subject Teachers Pay and Conditions.
Orchard Manor School is a residential school that caters for nearly 200 students aged 3-19. We provide education and care for pupils with communication and interaction difficulties, Autistic spectrum conditions and learning needs. Pupils attend either weekly residentially (Monday – Friday) or as day pupils. We are in the process of joining the Special Partnership Trust group of acadamised schools.
Our motto is ‘We live and learn together’. This is achieved through working in partnership with all stakeholders and other relevant professionals. We treat each child as an individual and by ensure the learning opportunities are challenging and engaging. Our aim is to help each child enjoy education which will enable them to be successful members of the school and wider communities.
Our School is situated in beautiful woodland grounds, in the seaside town of Dawlish. We provide a wide range of opportunities to learn outside and offsite to enhance the education and care of our pupils.
We structure our curriculum around our students identified needs in order to enable them to develop holistically. Alongside academic progress we are committed to supporting our pupils to develop their; life and social skills, confidence and resilience and love of learning to promote their sense of achievement and self-worth. Our ultimate goal is that the young people who leave us are prepared for adulthood; whether that be employment, further education, training, or living as independently as possible contributing positively within their community.
Post Ref: 21.85
Salary: MPS depending on experience plus SEN
- Be a qualified teacher with the ability to inspire young people with SEN or have proven experience of planning and delivering an effective and stimulating curriculum pupils with complex SEN needs.
- Be passionate about helping students who can sometimes find school life challenging.
- Be flexible, positive and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be an excellent teacher with a successful track record of impacting positively upon student progress;
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic person with good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced and relevant differentiated curriculum as appropriate to the needs of the learners, with a focus on developing life and social skills and vocational skills alongside academic achievements.
- To provide, facilitate and develop a personalised curriculum for pupils which supports their aspirations.
- To teach highly effective lessons, support students and monitor student’s progress in order to develop pupil achievements, develop life skills and prepare them for adulthood.
- To develop their own practice and work to the ‘Teachers’ standards’ DfE, alongside an ongoing drive to reinforce the vision and values of the school including the understanding of pupils needs through the EHCP’s.
Teaching and Learning
- Provide a high- quality learning experience for students.
- To ensure lessons are well resourced within the constraints of the Post-16 budget.
- To plan differentiated lessons, which provide for the variety of special needs within the provision.
- To plan and oversee the effective deployment of teacher assistants within the provision.
- To work with instructors to ensure their effective deployment ensuring the instructor focuses on the development of life skills and appropriate qualifications.
- To maintain and update student assessments in line with school policies and practice.
- To provide data in line with the QA and accountability matrix.
- To produce reports for students taught.
- To assist in the selection and development of appropriate schemes of work.
- To assist in the ongoing development of the curriculum.
- To plan and organise vocational learning and work experience opportunities.
Staff Development and Quality Assurance
- To engage in the school’s professional development through engaging with the QA and Accountability Matrix.
- To actively engage in the school’s appraisal process.
- To maintain an up-to-date and relevant knowledge of SEND.
- To communicate effectively with parents on a regular basis including formal and informal events.
- To communicate with external agencies.
- To ensure the safeguarding of students as a priority, at all times following the school’s Safeguarding policies and practice.
- To ensure practice is in line with school’s Health and Safety policy.
- To undertake risk assessment of activities.
The above duties are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake tasks, roles and responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned to them by the Senior Leadership Team.
This job description will be kept under review and may be amended via consultation with the individual, Governing Body and/or Senior Leadership Team as required.
To be performed in accordance with the provisions of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document and within the range of teachers’ duties set out in that document, where this is appropriate to the appointment.
Closing date: 10am Monday 19th April
A full induction programme and opportunities for professional development will be provided.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please ensure you read and understand our Privacy Notice, which is attached with this pack, before applying. We make appointments in accordance with our Recruitment and Selection Policy.
For an informal conversation regarding this post, please contact Rowena Schofield on 01626 862363 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:.
Please complete the teachers application form which accompanies this advert which is found via links to the left.
When completing application forms, applicants are advised that submitting an incorrect or insufficiently completed application form will result in non-selection for interview.
Particular attention should be made to supplying a full career history since secondary education and referees meeting the required criteria
PLEASE SEND COMPLETED APPLICATIONS TO:- email@example.com
Please note: CVs will not be considered.