Fixed Term PE Specialism Teaching Assistant
We are looking for someone who has an interest in supporting young pupils with special
educational needs in their PE lessons. The job role would involve working alongside the current PE teacher. This post is 30.83 hours per week for 39 weeks per annum.
The following requirements are not essential but would be seen as beneficial for the post:
- Someone who has a keen interest in sport and may have coaching qualifications and or experience which could be used to enhance current provision;
- Someone who has patience, a good sense of humour and a ‘nurturing approach’ to helping young pupils with a range of special educational needs access their PE lessons;
- Someone who is prepared to monitor changing, help with equipment, work with small groups or individuals taking part in physical activity;
- Someone who may be needed to help with assessments or record pupil progress documentation;
- Someone who would be prepared to run a break or lunchtime sports club to enhance current provision;
- Someone with the ability to drive the school vehicles according to the needs of the job, with reasonable adjustments if required;
- Above all someone who is enthusiastic and inspiring for our young pupils and someone who is not afraid to join in with practical activities as and when required.
Experience of working with children who have autism or complex needs would be an advantage.
Salary: Grade D Scale Points 18-22 £18,870 - £21,074 pro rata. Actual salary £13,346 - £14,905
Closing date: 1pm Monday 18th March 2019
A full induction programme and opportunities for professional development will be provided. The reason for the fixed term post is to provide additional PE support to the school which is linked to temporary funding for 12 months.
Please complete the support staff application form which can be downloaded here and also found on our school website https://www.orchardmanor.devon.sch.uk/ and return it to:-