Teachers x 2
We are looking to appoint two excellent practitioners:
If you are: a talented teacher; a creative thinker; a team player; student centred; and relate well to challenging students, please contact Rowena Schofield, Assistant Principal for Progress, to find out more about these exciting and rewarding opportunities.
Informal visits are encouraged. Please telephone 01626 862363 for further information or to make an appointment. Please state clearly on your application form which post you are applying for.
- Be a qualified teacher with the ability to inspire young people with SEN.
- Be passionate about helping students who can sometimes find school life challenging.
- Be flexible, positive and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be an excellent teacher with a successful track record of impacting positively upon student progress;
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic person with good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Teacher - Initially for KS1 (Post 19.16)
This appointment is for September 2019. You will be required to teach initially in Key Stage 1. As the class teacher you will need to have a sound knowledge of the Primary and Early Years curriculum.
Teacher - Initially for Y7 (Post 19.14)
This appointment is for September 2019, or before if possible. You will be required to teach initially in Year 7. As the class teacher you will need to have a sound knowledge of the Key Stage 2 curriculum in English, Maths and Science as well as a developing knowledge of Key Stage 3.
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced and relevant differentiated curriculum as appropriate to the needs of the learners, with a focus on academic achievements and developing life and social skills.
- To teach highly effective lessons, support students and monitor student’s progress in order to develop pupil achievements, develop life skills and prepare them for adulthood.
- To develop their own practice and work to the ‘Teachers’ standards’ DfE, alongside an ongoing drive to reinforce the vision and values of the school including the understanding of pupils needs through the EHCP’s.
Teaching and Learning
- Provide a high- quality learning experience for students.
- To ensure lessons are well resourced within the constraints of the budget.
- To plan differentiated lessons, which provide for the variety of special needs within the class.
- To plan and oversee the effective deployment of teacher assistants within the class.
- To be confident to teach across the range of subjects within the relevant Primary / Secondary curriculum.
- To maintain and update student assessments in line with school policies and practice.
- To provide data in line with the QA and accountability matrix.
- To produce reports for students taught.
- To assist in the development of appropriate schemes of work.
- To assist in the ongoing development of the curriculum.
Staff Development and Quality Assurance
- To engage in the school’s professional development through engaging with the QA and Accountability Matrix.
- To actively engage in the school’s appraisal process.
- To maintain an up-to-date and relevant knowledge of SEND.
- To communicate effectively with parents on a regular basis including formal and informal events.
- To communicate with external agencies.
- To ensure the safeguarding of students as a priority, at all times following the school’s Safeguarding policies and practice.
- To ensure practice is in line with school’s Health and Safety policy.
- To undertake risk assessment of activities.
The above duties are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake tasks, roles and responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned to them by the Senior Leadership Team.
This job description will be kept under review and may be amended via consultation with the individual, Governing Body and/or Senior Leadership Team as required.
To be performed in accordance with the provisions of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document and within the range of teachers’ duties set out in that document.
MPS depending on experience plus SEN 2
Closing date: 1pm Friday 3rd May 2019
A full induction programme and opportunities for professional development will be provided.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please ensure you read and understand our Privacy Notice, which is attached with this pack, before applying. We make appointments in accordance with our Recruitment and Selection Policy.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Please complete the teachers application form which can be downloaded from the links to the left and send completed application forms to - firstname.lastname@example.org. stating clearly which post you are applying for.
Please note: CVs will not be considered.