Teacher (for September 2020)
We are seeking to appoint an excellent practitioner for September 2020. You will be required to teach initially in a mixed Key Stage 3 and 4 class with profound and multiple learning disabilities (PMLD). As a class teacher you will you will need to have a sound knowledge of the primary curriculum and have a willingness to develop the skills to teach Functional Skills in English and Maths.
(post ref: 19.65)
Job share considered.
Closing date: Tuesday 9th June 2020
Salary: MPS depending on experience plus SEN 2
If you are: a talented teacher; a creative thinker; a team player; student centred; and relate well to challenging students, please contact Rowena Schofield, Assistant Principal for Progress, to find out more about this exciting and rewarding opportunity.
- Be a qualified teacher with the ability to inspire young people with SEN.
- Be passionate about helping students who can sometimes find school life challenging.
- Be flexible, positive and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Be an excellent teacher with a successful track record of impacting positively upon student progress;
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic person with good interpersonal skills and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Main Responsibilities of the Role
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced and relevant differentiated curriculum as appropriate to the needs of the learners, with a focus on academic achievements and developing life and social skills.
- To teach highly effective lessons, support students and monitor student’s progress in order to develop pupil achievements, develop life skills and prepare them for adulthood.
- To develop their own practice and work to the ‘Teachers’ standards’ DfE, alongside an ongoing drive to reinforce the vision and values of the school including the understanding of pupils needs through the EHCP’s.
Teaching and Learning
- Provide a high- quality learning experience for students.
- To ensure lessons are well resourced within the constraints of the budget.
- To plan differentiated lessons, which provide for the variety of special needs within the class.
- To plan and oversee the effective deployment of teacher assistants within the class.
- To be confident to teach across the range of subjects in the primary curriculums.
- To maintain and update student assessments in line with school policies and practice.
- To provide data in line with the QA and accountability matrix.
- To produce reports for students taught.
- To assist in the development of appropriate schemes of work for a curriculum area.
- To assist in the ongoing development of the curriculum.
Staff Development and Quality Assurance
- To engage in the school’s professional development through engaging with the QA and Accountability Matrix.
- To actively engage in the school’s appraisal process.
- To maintain an up-to-date and relevant knowledge of SEND.
- To communicate effectively with parents on a regular basis including formal and informal events.
- To communicate with external agencies.
- To ensure the safeguarding of students as a priority, at all times following the school’s Safeguarding policies and practice.
- To ensure practice is in line with school’s Health and Safety policy.
- To undertake risk assessment of activities.
The above duties are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake tasks, roles and responsibilities as may be reasonably assigned to them by the Senior Leadership Team.
This job description will be kept under review and may be amended via consultation with the individual, Governing Body and/or Senior Leadership Team as required.
To be performed in accordance with the provisions of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document and within the range of teachers’ duties set out in that document.
A full induction programme and opportunities for professional development will be provided.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please ensure you read and understand our Privacy Notice before applying. We make appointments in accordance with our Recruitment and Selection Policy.
This role requires the ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence and fluency in English.
Please complete the teachers’ application form.
SEND COMPLETED APPLICATIONS TO:- firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: CVs will not be considered.